Operations Crew Member is responsible for assigned duties that may include the general maintenance, upkeep, and cleanliness of the Facility. The position is also responsible for assigned duties for performing the setup of the Facility as needed to accommodate the different functions held at the Facility. The specifics of the setup will generally come from the Operations Director and/or Operations Supervisor.
- Responsible for assisting with event set-up and removal including staging, chairs, tables, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning the facility’s interior and exterior including the following: cleaning floor surfaces including vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing; removing trash, etc.
- Makes small basic repairs to facility equipment.
- Maintains the Convention Center and limited grounds in a state of readiness and cleanliness.
- Assists with cleaning blood borne pathogens and other hazardous materials.
- Responsible for operating standard cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for communicating by-way of two-way radio.
- Employee must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends. Work schedules are subject to change.
- Duties may vary under the direction of the reporting supervisor and are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with the other Authority employees, contractors, and clients of the Convention Center.
- Responsible for attending all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Responsible for performing other duties as requested.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Good communication skills are required.
Education and Qualification Required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and, abilities.
- Must be able to operate facility equipment, including company vehicles and forklifts. Must be certified to operate a forklift, or be able to obtain certification with three (3) months.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Columbia SC
As the DMO for the region, we want the whole world to know what makes Columbia SC so great. Think of us as the biggest cheerleader for the heart of South Carolina. We educate potential visitors about the region year-round with paid and earned media. We help strengthen the region’s economy by bringing millions of visitors annually. Our unified vision and strong identity stokes our shared sense of possibility and fosters pride among locals.
Experience Columbia SC (also known as Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism) was organized as the Midlands Regional Convention Center Authority, a South Carolina nonprofit corporation as of July 5, 2001. To better define the overall purpose and mission of the Authority the official name was changed effective September 12, 2003.
The mission of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports and Tourism includes:
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Overseeing the development and operation of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center under a long-term management agreement for the benefit of the Governmental Entities: City of Columbia, Lexington County and Richland County.
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Regional Sports Council.
- Directing and managing the operation of the Columbia Regional Visitors Center.
On August 24, 2001, the Authority became the Supervising Member for the Columbia Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau and on May 14, 2002, the Columbia Regional Sports Council became a partner in the regional marketing efforts. On September 12, 2003, the Authority's name was changed to better reflect its responsibilities to the community.
The Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism consists of nine members; five representing the City of Columbia, two representing Lexington County and two representing Richland County.
Authority Board Members are represented by: Lexington County, City of Columbia and Richland County.
The President and Chief Executive Officer of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism will oversee the operation and management of all responsibilities delegated to the Authority. The current President & CEO is Bill Ellen.
Experience Columbia SC is committed to the principles of equal employment. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Experience Columbia SC is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regards to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Company Website: www.experiencecolumbiasc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)