The Operations Director is responsible for providing direct supervision and leadership of assigned staff and oversight of all aspects of facility operations to ensure the facility operates at optimum efficiency and performance, and exceptional customer service is provided and demonstrated at all times.
- Manage and schedule building and grounds maintenance, housekeeping, event set-ups and changeovers; while ensuring OSHA compliance.
- Develop operating procedures that conform to CMCC standards, customized to the specific needs of the facility and consistent with the goals and objectives of the client and facility.
- Manage and oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving concerns.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Interaction with Department Heads, staff, and external vendors.
- Provide customer service to internal staff and external vendors, in addition to resolving concerns in a timely manner.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, event equipment (i.e. staging, risers, etc) and technical requirements for the types of events scheduled in the facility.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, supervisors, exhibitors and patrons from various backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work according to deadlines and urgency.
- Ability to operate Windows/Apple, Word, Excel and other standard office software or equipment.
- Flexible work schedule due to business necessity.
Education and Qualification Required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience and/or training in the industry in a supervisory or management position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to operate company equipment.
- Must be able to operate a forklift or become certified within 90-days of hire date.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Columbia SC
As the DMO for the region, we want the whole world to know what makes Columbia SC so great. Think of us as the biggest cheerleader for the heart of South Carolina. We educate potential visitors about the region year-round with paid and earned media. We help strengthen the region’s economy by bringing millions of visitors annually. Our unified vision and strong identity stokes our shared sense of possibility and fosters pride among locals.
Experience Columbia SC (also known as Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism) was organized as the Midlands Regional Convention Center Authority, a South Carolina nonprofit corporation as of July 5, 2001. To better define the overall purpose and mission of the Authority the official name was changed effective September 12, 2003.
The mission of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports and Tourism includes:
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Overseeing the development and operation of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center under a long-term management agreement for the benefit of the Governmental Entities: City of Columbia, Lexington County and Richland County.
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Regional Sports Council.
- Directing and managing the operation of the Columbia Regional Visitors Center.
On August 24, 2001, the Authority became the Supervising Member for the Columbia Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau and on May 14, 2002, the Columbia Regional Sports Council became a partner in the regional marketing efforts. On September 12, 2003, the Authority's name was changed to better reflect its responsibilities to the community.
The Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism consists of nine members; five representing the City of Columbia, two representing Lexington County and two representing Richland County.
Authority Board Members are represented by: Lexington County, City of Columbia and Richland County.
The President and Chief Executive Officer of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism will oversee the operation and management of all responsibilities delegated to the Authority. The current President & CEO is Bill Ellen.
Experience Columbia SC is committed to the principles of equal employment. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Experience Columbia SC is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regards to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Company Website: www.experiencecolumbiasc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)